We’ve outlined all the ingredients and directions for you to make the perfect Alphabet Cheese Crackers. This dish qualifies as a Easy level recipe. It should take you about 2 hr to make this recipe. The Alphabet Cheese Crackers recipe should make enough food for 3 dozen crackers.
You can add your own personal twist to this Alphabet Cheese Crackers recipe, depending on your culture or family tradition. Don’t be scared to add other ingredients once you’ve gotten comfortable with the recipe! Please see below for a list of potential cookware items that might be necessary for this Alphabet Cheese Crackers recipe.
Ingredients for Alphabet Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup Cheddar powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar, chilled
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, chilled
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta, chilled
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions for Alphabet Cheese Crackers
- Combine the flour, Cheddar powder, cornstarch, salt, turmeric, garlic powder and paprika in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the Cheddar, Monterey Jack and feta and pulse for 30 seconds. Add the butter cubes and pulse for 20 seconds. Add the cold water and pulse until the mixture forms a large ball, about 10 seconds.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place between two 12-by-16-inch sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin so that it fits evenly between the two
- pieces of parchment. Transfer the dough to a sheet pan and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Gently remove the top layer of parchment. Prick the surface of the dough with the tines of a fork so that it doesn’t puff too much as it bakes. Dip 3-by-2-inch alphabet cutters into flour and stamp out letters but do not remove them. Place the dough on the sheet pan back into the fridge to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove the scored letters from the fridge. Flip the pan onto a flat surface and
- gently peel off the parchment paper. Quickly place the letters onto the prepared pans. The scraps can be rerolled by placing the dough between two 6-by-8-inch pieces of parchment paper and chilling them again.
- Bake the letters for 8 minutes. Rotate the pans and bake until the bottoms are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Allow the crackers to cool on the sheet pans. Serve right away or place into an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Cookware for your recipe
You will find below are cookware items that could be needed for this Alphabet Cheese Crackers recipe or similar recipes. Feel free to skip to the next item if it doesn’t apply.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Wooden Spoon
Categories in this Recipe