We’ve outlined all the ingredients and directions for you to make the perfect Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce. This dish qualifies as a Easy level recipe. It should take you about 30 min to make this recipe. The Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce recipe should make enough food for 4 servings.
You can add your own personal twist to this Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce recipe, depending on your culture or family tradition. Don’t be scared to add other ingredients once you’ve gotten comfortable with the recipe! Please see below for a list of potential cookware items that might be necessary for this Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce recipe.
Ingredients for Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 10 ounces whole-grain angel hair pasta
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces), plus more for topping
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions for Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking water, then drain the pasta. Meanwhile, put the carrots, walnuts, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnut-carrot mixture and the raisins and cook, stirring frequently, until the carrots soften and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved cooking water and bring to a simmer, then add the pasta, pecorino, lemon juice, parsley, and salt to taste and toss. Divide among bowls and top with more cheese.
Cookware for your recipe
You will find below are cookware items that could be needed for this Angel Hair Pasta With Walnut-Carrot Sauce recipe or similar recipes. Feel free to skip to the next item if it doesn’t apply.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Wooden Spoon
Categories in this Recipe
- Pasta Recipes