We’ve outlined all the ingredients and directions for you to make the perfect Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy. This dish qualifies as a Easy level recipe. The Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy recipe should make enough food for 6 servings.
You can add your own personal twist to this Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy recipe, depending on your culture or family tradition. Don’t be scared to add other ingredients once you’ve gotten comfortable with the recipe! Please see below for a list of potential cookware items that might be necessary for this Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy recipe.
Ingredients for Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy
- 1/2 recipe flaky pie dough
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 Golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Heavy cream as an accompaniment
Directions for Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Make pastry and chill 30 minutes.
- In large heavy saucepan combine molasses, sugar, flour, apples, cranberries, spices, lemon peel and 3 tablespoons of butter. Bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until apples are softened. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish and dot with butter.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out pastry into a round about 1/8-inch thick and trim it so that it will just fit inside the baking dish. Cover fruit with pastry, brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. With the point of a small sharp knife cut three steam vents in the center of the crust. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven and with a sharp knife cut the crust and fruit into 2-inch pieces, pushing crust into fruit with back of a spatula so that juices bubble up over top of crust. Bake 15 minutes more. Serve warm with cream.
Cookware for your recipe
You will find below are cookware items that could be needed for this Apple and Dried Cranberry Pandowdy recipe or similar recipes. Feel free to skip to the next item if it doesn’t apply.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Wooden Spoon
Categories in this Recipe
- High Fiber
- Low Sodium