We’ve outlined all the ingredients and directions for you to make the perfect All Day Pork Loin Chili. This dish qualifies as a Easy level recipe. It should take you about 3 hr 45 min to make this recipe. The All Day Pork Loin Chili recipe should make enough food for 14 to 16 servings.
You can add your own personal twist to this All Day Pork Loin Chili recipe, depending on your culture or family tradition. Don’t be scared to add other ingredients once you’ve gotten comfortable with the recipe! Please see below for a list of potential cookware items that might be necessary for this All Day Pork Loin Chili recipe.
Ingredients for All Day Pork Loin Chili
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared black coffee
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving
- 1 small can sliced or chopped jalapenos, for serving
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, for serving
Directions for All Day Pork Loin Chili
- Pour 4 tablespoons of the oil into a large, heavy bottomed stockpot and place over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Season the pork with a dash of salt and pepper and brown it in batches, 3 to 5 minutes per batch. Set aside the browned pork.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pot and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapenos. Season the veggies with the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper and cilantro. Sweat the vegetable mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the pork back to the pot along with the tomatoes, honey, coffee, bourbon. Add the beans, stir well, bring up to a simmer and then lower the heat to the lowest setting.
- Let simmer 2 to 3 hours, until the pork is juicy and buttery soft. Serve directly from the stovetop with side bowls of sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and shredded cheddar.
Cookware for your recipe
You will find below are cookware items that could be needed for this All Day Pork Loin Chili recipe or similar recipes. Feel free to skip to the next item if it doesn’t apply.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Wooden Spoon
Categories in this Recipe
- Chili – Chili or chilli may refer to:
- Cheddar – Cheddar most often refers to either:Cheddar may also refer to:
- Beans and Legumes
- Pork – Pork is the culinary name for the meat of the domestic pig (Sus scrofa domesticus). It is the most commonly consumed meat worldwide, with evidence of pig husbandry dating back to 5000 BC.Pork is eaten both freshly cooked and preserved. Curing extends the shelf life of the pork products. Ham, smoked pork, gammon, bacon and sausage are examples of preserved pork. Charcuterie is the branch of cooking devoted to prepared meat products, many from pork.Pork is the most popular meat in the Western world and in Central Europe. It is also very popular in East and Southeast Asia (Mainland Southeast Asia, Philippines, Singapore, East Timor, and Malaysia). It is highly prized in Asian cuisines, especially in China, for its fat content and texture.Some religions and cultures prohibit pork consumption, notably Islam and Judaism.
- Tomato – Lycopersicon lycopersicum (L.) H. Karst.Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.The tomato is the edible berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant. The species originated in western South America and Central America. The Nahuatl word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived. Its domestication and use as a cultivated food may have originated with the indigenous peoples of Mexico. The Aztecs used tomatoes in their cooking at the time of the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire, and after the Spanish encountered the tomato for the first time after their contact with the Aztecs, they brought the plant to Europe. From there, the tomato was introduced to other parts of the European-colonized world during the 16th century.Tomatoes are a significant source of umami flavor.The tomato is consumed in diverse ways, raw or cooked, in many dishes, sauces, salads, and drinks. While tomatoes are fruits—botanically classified as berries—they are commonly used as a vegetable ingredient or side dish.Numerous varieties of the tomato plant are widely grown in temperate climates across the world, with greenhouses allowing for the production of tomatoes throughout all seasons of the year. Tomato plants typically grow to 1–3 meters (3–10 ft) in height. They are vines that have a weak stem that sprawls and typically needs support. Indeterminate tomato plants are perennials in their native habitat, but are cultivated as annuals. (Determinate, or bush, plants are annuals that stop growing at a certain height and produce a crop all at once.) The size of the tomato varies according to the cultivar, with a range of 1–10 cm (1⁄2–4 in) in width.
- Jalapeno Recipes
- Dairy Recipes
- Pork Loin – Pork loin is a cut of meat from a pig, created from the tissue along the dorsal side of the rib cage.
- Recipes for Parties
- Tailgate Party – A tailgate party is a social event held on and around the open tailgate of a vehicle. Tailgating, which primarily takes place in the United States and Canada, often involves consuming alcoholic beverages and grilling food. Tailgate parties occur in the parking lots at stadiums and arenas, before and occasionally after games and concerts. People attending such a party are said to be ‘tailgating’. Many people participate even if their vehicles do not have tailgates. Tailgate parties also involve people bringing their own alcoholic beverages, barbecues, food etc. which is sampled and shared among fans attending the tailgate. Tailgates are intended to be non-commercial events, so selling items to the fans is frowned upon. Tailgating is often seen as a critical part of the sports experience in the United States. Because many American sports venues are surrounded by large parking lots, tailgating often takes place right outside stadium and arena entrances.Tailgate parties have spread to the pre-game festivities at sporting events besides American football, such as basketball, hockey, soccer, and baseball, and also occur at non-sporting events such as weddings, barbecues, and concerts. As American football outside North America has copied many of its associated traditions from NFL and college football, Tailgating parties are also held at some American football games in Europe. Due to the smaller crowd sizes and family friendly atmosphere it is not uncommon for fans of the home and the guest team to participate in the party together.